Flaming Lips.


This winter has got me paying close attention to my lips. With winter comes dry, cold weather that chaps lips. While I was recently back home I especially found myself in need of protection. So, it was a great thing that I borrowed a jacket from my sister that was stocked with Kahlua Coffee flavored lipbalm. The directions were to apply smoothly and evenly over lips, so I did. But why so sensitive are these soft movable sensory organs......come to find out LIPS are highly sensitive because the cellular layers are only three to five compared to the 16 layers on the face. The lips have no protective layers, just out there bare and vulnerable. Vulnerable, indeed with many nerve ending, lips are highly reactive to tactile sense, hints why as babies we put everything in our mouth to explore the unknown. If it is good we use our lips to show it and if it is bad we use them too......hmmm..pretty amazing these LIPS...so best protect them this very cold winter. As the coffee lipbalm reads.."ENJOY YOUR CURIOUS LIFE RESPONSIBLY"

Comments

Popular Posts