Daily Delivery.

Lately, I have been waiting for a special delivery by way of mail. I often stay a little longer in the mornings drinking coffee listening for the mail to drop through the bronzed framed slot in the door. Sometimes I meet the mail carrier outside after my run, we exchange hello's and he so kindly advances my mail. He often asks if I am expecting something. I answer "always!!", what I am not sure but I know it shall be great when it arrives!
.................................................................................................
The parcel post service was introduced in 1913, and at least two children were sent through the mail. The children wore the stamps attached to their clothing and travelled to their destination by railway and city carriers. It wasn't long after that the Postmaster prohibited the delivery of children through the mail.

Comments

Popular Posts